General Studio Policies
1) Students must have proper dance attire in each class. Hair must be tied back securely and no jewelry is allowed. Students will be asked to leave the class if not dressed appropriately. (Please refer to Dress Code for suitable attire for each class).
2) Only water in plastic bottles is permitted in the studios during class. Other food and drinks are restricted to the waiting area only. Please clean up after yourselves.
3) Missed Classes: Everybody misses classes for one reason or another but it is important that you attend your regularly scheduled class. If you do miss a class we can offer you an alternative within 2 weeks if available. There are no refunds for missed classes. From February onward each class will be working on a specific routine and therefore no make-up classes after February. The work that you are doing in your own class is very important and your attendance is essential.
Registration fee is $25 per student, $40 per family payable at the time of registration. A registration is not considered complete until all post-dated cheques for the entire year are submitted. Tuition Payment Schedule
1) First Term – September 1, 2013 2) Second Term – December 1, 2013 3) Third Term – March 1, 2014
Withdrawals and Refunds
•Registration fee is non-refundable. •To withdraw from a dance class, please bring your receipt and submit it before the 4th week of the term to receive a refund of 50% of the Term Payment. •Tuition fees are fully non-refundable for withdrawals after the 4th week of the Term. •All cheque after deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable
•There will be a $20 late charge for ALL outstanding fee.
Recital & Costume Policies
1) Allegro Dance School’s year-end recital is scheduled on June 9, 2013, at the Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts. We encourage all dancers to participate in this spectacular show.
2) A minimum of ONE dance number will be performed for each class that the child is enrolled in. Tickets for the recital can be purchased in April (ticket price $30 & $35).
3) Professionally-made costumes are ordered for all students. Costumes will be worn on picture day and recital. All dancers will be required to pay a minimum costume fee of $130 per class. First payment is due at the time of registration.
Studio Dress Code
We have a dress code in place to help students with a positive body image and to allow the teacher to correct alignment and technique. There are no exceptions. Please refer to Dress Code for suitable attire for each class.
Nutcracker in December
Our Nutcracker performance is on Saturday December 14, 2013 at the City Playhouse Theatre, you may check the details with our office.
Allegro Dance School reserves the right to cancel any class temporarily or permanently due to emergency, weather conditions, or low enrollment. In the case of a snow storm, please call the studio after 3:30 pm for a recording on whether classes will be held. The notice will also be posted on the website (www.allegrodanceschool.ca) after 3:30 pm. Parents will not receive a phone call. Please ensure that you have provided a valid email address in order to keep up with communication.